Defending champions Real Madrid need to beat Dortmund at the Bernabeu on Wednesday to secure top spot in Group F, however winning the group could pose a more challenging last 16 tie, with Real potentially facing Bayern Munich or Manchester City.
Dortmund are currently sixth in the Bundesliga, 6 points behind Bayern and 9 points behind league leaders Leipzig.
Alvaro Morata and Toni Kroos returned to training on Tuesday, leaving just Gareth Bale as Zinedine Zidane’s only injury doubt for Wednesday’s game.
On the other hand, Mario Gotze hasn’t travelled with his Dortmund teammates to Spain, but a fully-fit Marco Reus has, fresh from assisting three goals at the weekend. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has also travelled and he’ll be out to impress, having never hidden his desire to sign for the Spanish giants in the future.
- Borussia Dortmund haven’t won any of their last five away games against Real Madrid (D1 L4).
- Real Madrid have won 11 of their last 14 Champions League home games against German clubs.
- Real Madrid have won 20 of their last 21 Champions League group games. Borussia Dortmund were the last team to stop them from winning, drawing 2-2 in November 2012.
- Only two of Dortmund’s last 27 Champions League games have ended in a draw (W16 L9)
- Ronaldo has scored four goals in six Champions League games against Borussia Dortmund.
Match Odds and Prediction
- Real Madrid to win and both teams to score (NetBet odds 17/10)
- Cristiano Ronaldo to score first (NetBet odds 59/20)