Football Match Preview

Manchester City vs Manchester United: Premier League Betting Tips, Predictions, Odds and Match Preview

Our expert tipster at NetBet has provided his football betting tips ahead of the Manchester derby, and he thinks City will re-establish their home dominance at the Etihad this weekend.

Man City vs Man United

Sunday 6th March, 4:30pm

Etihad Stadium, Manchester

Live on Sky Sports Main Event

Man City vs Man United Football Preview

City bounced back from their shock home defeat against Spurs to beat Everton in a comfortable but unspectacular display last weekend. The victory was their 15th in 17 league games, but despite that remarkable run, Liverpool have still managed to close the gap to just six points with a game in hand.

United handed the initiative to both Spurs and Arsenal with a 0-0 draw against Watford at Old Trafford in their last outing. The draw was United’s fourth in six games in all competitions, and once again highlighted their issues in front of goal as Ralf Rangnick’s side missed chance after chance.

Although City looked a class above United in their win at Old Trafford earlier this season, the victory was only Guardiola’s second in the last six Manchester derbies. The hosts come into this game having lost three consecutive games against United at the Etihad, with just one win at home against their rivals since 2014.

Despite United’s improved chance creation under Rangnick, they have consistently struggled to put the ball in the net, with an over-reliance on Bruno Fernandes and Cristiano Ronaldo. When United’s main men aren’t firing, they don’t have many others that chip in with goals. They are the Red Devils’ only two goal scorers with more than five goals, whilst City have five.

We don’t expect the travelling team to be as passive as they were in the reverse fixture, but we are still yet to see if United are strong enough defensively to truly compete with the league’s best. Pep’s side will dominate the possession, and provided they can stop United’s counter attacks, they will be favourites to come away with three points.

Our NetBet win probability counter gives United just a 13% chance of winning, with a draw more likely at 19% and a City win probable at 68%.

Man City vs Man United Football Odds

United may have a strong recent record at the Etihad, but the bookies don’t rate their chances of an upset at all, pricing the visitors at 7/1. A home win is seen as inevitable at 20/57, with a draw priced at 10/3.

Man City vs Man United Betting Tips

*Odds are correct at the time of publication and are subject to change.

Man City Win to Zero – 13/10

The last time these two met, United never looked anywhere near City’s standard. There have been some improvements since the change in manager, but there is still a gulf in quality between the two.

Man City Win 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 – 33/20

We expect the hosts to dominate the ball as they do in most games, so United will have to rely on counter attacking. With Ronaldo leading the line, their ability to break at speed is hampered, and it might be that the club legend is a key factor in a potential defeat this weekend.

Man United Win and Both to Score – 11/1

There is always a chance that United turn up, as they have on their last three visits to the Etihad. Admittedly it is a slim chance, but if they come flying out the blocks on Sunday, they could cause City real problems with the talent in their attack.

When you choose NetBet Sport, you can enjoy a whole range of top quality sports and markets. Whatever you choose, always remember to bet responsibly. Here at NetBet, player wellbeing is our number one priority – check out our Responsible Gambling tips and tools page for more information.

NetBet Boosts are extremely popular with our customers at NetBet Sport. These can be used across a wide range of sports and you can check out more information on NetBet Boosts on our Promotions page!