Football Match Preview

Tottenham vs Newcastle: Premier League Betting Tips, Predictions, Odds and Match Preview

Spurs are in hot pursuit of their North London rivals as the race for Champions League football goes down to the wire. They host a Newcastle side this weekend that sit a comfortable nine points clear of the drop despite successive losses.

We’ve previewed the upcoming fixture at NetBet, providing the best betting tips from NetBet Sport’s football odds page, including a 4/1 first goalscorer boost!

Tottenham vs Newcastle

Sunday 3rd April, 4:30pm

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London

Live on Sky Sports Main Event

Tottenham vs Newcastle Football Preview

Spurs’ form has been somewhat erratic since Antonio Conte took the reins in North London. Their win against Leicester was followed by three consecutive league defeats, an exceptional win at the Etihad followed by defeat against Burnley, and a 5-0 thrashing of Everton followed by defeat at Old Trafford. But despite the relative unknown surrounding their performances, they are still in with a chance of snatching a spot in the top four from their greatest rivals.

Nobody was quite sure how this Newcastle side would fare in the aftermath of a club takeover, with a new manager at the helm – the answer is very well! It has taken Eddie Howe a while to instil his ideologies in this Magpies squad, but their turnaround from relegation favourite to mid-table obscurity has been remarkable.

Only the top four have picked up more points in the last 10 games than the visitors, with Howe’s side enjoying a nine match unbeaten run prior to defeats against Chelsea and Everton. The losses have certainly stunted Newcastle’s momentum, but they will fancy their chances of having a crack at this seemingly fragile Spurs outfit.

Despite only winning two of their last five games against Newcastle at home, Spurs will be favourites with NetBet’s win probability counter, which gives the hosts a 63% chance of victory. The visitors are given just a 15% chance of winning, with a draw seen as more likely at 22%.

Tottenham vs Newcastle Football Odds

Spurs are favourites to retain their fourth best home record in the league, with bookies pricing them at 1/2, whilst Newcastle are underdogs at 21/4, and a draw priced at 3/1.

Tottenham vs Newcastle Betting Tips

*Odds are correct at the time of publication and are subject to change.

NetBet Boosted Odds: Son Heung-Min to score first – 4/1

A brace in Spurs’ win over West Ham saw the South Korean join Diogo Jota as the league’s joint second top goalscorer. With 13 in 26 league games, a strong end to the season could see him eclipse last season’s tally of 17. With Kane dropping deep and threading balls in behind, Son is as likely as anyone to open the scoring this weekend.

Tottenham win to zero – 29/20

Spurs’ last three games against bottom half opposition have seen them win to nil, scoring 11 along the way. For all of their recent improvements, Newcastle have struggled to find the net on the road – only two teams have scored fewer away goals. It looks a tricky task for them to take anything away from London.

Draw, Both to score, Kane to score at anytime – 37/4

Spurs have proven they are not infallible – on more than one occasion they have collapsed just as they seem to be gaining momentum. We don’t expect them to be kept quiet at home, especially not with the form Kane is in, but Newcastle have every chance of nicking a point with their direct play.

When you choose NetBet Sport, you can enjoy a whole range of top quality sports and markets. Whatever you choose, always remember to bet responsibly. Here at NetBet, player wellbeing is our number one priority – check out our Responsible Gambling tips and tools page for more information.

NetBet Boosts are extremely popular with our customers at NetBet Sport. These can be used across a wide range of sports and you can check out more information on NetBet Boosts on our Promotions page!