Football Match Preview

Manchester City vs Liverpool: Premier League Betting Tips, Predictions, Odds and Match Preview

All eyes will be on the Etihad come Sunday afternoon as Manchester City and Liverpool square off in a potential title decider. Just a single point separates the two English giants going into the game, with a win for either side shifting the balance as we head into the final stretch of the campaign.

We’ve previewed the biggest game of the season and provided the best betting tips available on NetBet Sport’s football odds page, including a huge 12/1 NetBet scoreline boost!

Man City vs Liverpool

Sunday 10th April, 4:30pm

Etihad Stadium, Manchester

Live on Sky Sports Main Event

Man City vs Liverpool Football Preview

England’s top two are both flying coming into this mammoth clash, with each having lost just once in 2022. Man City have won 17 of their last 20 league games following defeat to Crystal Palace in October, whilst Liverpool have won 16 of their last 19.

The three points is arguably more important for Liverpool given their final eight games includes a Merseyside derby, as well as meetings with Manchester United and Tottenham. In contrast, City’s only top half opponent after this weekend is West Ham. If Pep Guardiola’s side emerge victorious on Sunday and establish a four point gap, Liverpool will have a mountain to climb.

It ended all square when these two met earlier this season, although Jurgen Klopp’s side will be kicking themselves after squandering two leads. The Reds have tended to come up slightly short in recent seasons, with just one league win over City in the last seven meetings. In fact, Liverpool haven’t won a league game at the Etihad since a 4-1 win in 2015, when Martin Skrtel capped off an impressive performance.

Unfortunately for Liverpool, their danger men may just be tailing off at the most inopportune time. League top goalscorer Mo Salah has scored just once in his last nine, whilst Sadio Mane’s goal against Benfica was just a second in 10 games.

The hosts’ strong record in this fixture sees them go into the game as favourites with NetBet’s win probability counter. City are given a 46% chance of winning, whilst Liverpool are given a 28% chance, with a draw at 26%.

Man City vs Liverpool Football Odds

Liverpool will come into this must-win game as underdogs at 23/10. City could go a long way to securing the title this weekend, and they are currently favourites at 1/1 to get the job done, with a draw priced at 5/2.

Man City vs Liverpool Betting Tips

NetBet Boost: Liverpool to win 1-0 – 12/1

This trip to the Etihad is all or nothing for Liverpool – three points is crucial. Now there aren’t many teams that can keep City quiet, but if anyone can do it, it’s Liverpool.

Tie with goals – 3/1

Two of the last three meetings between these sides have ended as score draws. We can’t see either team failing to find the net, but City will be the happier of the two to settle for a point given their remaining fixtures.

Man City win, Both to score, Kevin De Bruyne anytime goalscorer – 20/1

City have experienced plenty of success in this fixture in recent years. With the home advantage we’ve just given them the edge, although Liverpool are almost certain to find the net. De Bruyne looks as likely as any to open the scoring – the Belgian has netted five in his last five games.

When you choose NetBet Sport, you can enjoy a whole range of top quality sports and markets. Whatever you choose, always remember to bet responsibly. Here at NetBet, player wellbeing is our number one priority – check out our Responsible Gambling tips and tools page for more information.

NetBet Boosts are extremely popular with our customers at NetBet Sport. These can be used across a wide range of sports and you can check out more information on NetBet Boosts on our Promotions page!