Leicester’s Champions League adventure resumes on Wednesday with a trip to Sevilla, but there will be lingering doubts about their league form in the back of their mind.
Claudio Ranieri’s team have lost four of their last five matches in all competitions, including losing to League One team Millwall on Saturday. They have also failed to score a league goal in 2017.
It’s a tough ask for the Foxes as they travel to play an in-form Sevilla side, who sit third in La Liga, just three points behind Real Madrid.
Islam Slimani looks set to miss out for Leicester as he’s suffering from a groin injury. This means that Shinji Okazaki is expected to start alongside Jamie Vardy upfront. Leonardo Ulloa is also out with a thigh injury, while Robert Huth could miss the second leg after picking up two bookings in Europe this season.
Centre back Nicolas Pareja, Michael Korhn-Dehli and Benoit Tremoulinas are all fitness doubts for Sevilla, however Manchester City loanee Samir Nasri could feature.
- This is the first competitive encounter between Sevilla and Leicester City.
- Leicester are the first team since Malaga in 2012/13 to finish top of their group on their Champions League debut.
- Sevilla have kept more clean sheets than any other side in this season’s Champions League (5 in 6 games).
- Sevilla have won 10 of their 14 Champions League home games and have scored in every single match.
- Jamie Vardy has had two shots on target in his first 424 minutes in the Champions League. Neither shot found the back of the net.