It’s a repeat of the 2015 Champions League final when Juventus and Barcelona meet in the quarter finals of this year’s Champions League. Juventus saw off Porto in the last round, with a 3-0 aggregate scoreline, while Barcelona completed their heroic comeback against PSG in injury time to win 6-1.
Juventus have continued their good run in Serie A, winning 2-0 against Chievo on Saturday and are now six points clear of Roma in second place. In addition to their league form, a 5-4 aggregate victory over Napoli has seen the Old Lady qualify for the final of the Coppa Italia. Juventus have won 14 of their last 17 matches, stretching back to January and have an exceptional home record. They have won all but two of their matches at the Juventus Stadium this season, with those other two results being draws. Both of those draws came in the Champions League and with the away leg at the Camp Nou, they’ll know that they’ll have to beat Barcelona at home and ideally not concede any goals.
Barcelona’s incredible victory over Paris St. Germain remains their highest point in recent times, as they’ve suffered a couple of poor results since. They’ve won three of their five games since, but have lost two away from home against Deportivo and Malaga. They’ve won only six of their last 12 games and have lost four times.
Juventus vs. Barcelona Predictions
It’s not conceivable that over two legs, Juventus could come out of this tie on top. Barcelona’s high point of this season looks likely to be that victory over PSG and whether they’ll be able to go to the well like that again is questionable, considering Juventus are a strong defensive outfit. The home leg looks likely to go in Juventus’ favour and if that’s the case, then expect a magnificent defensive effort at the Camp Nou for the second leg.
Juventus vs. Barcelona Betting Tips
- Juventus to win: 8/5
- Draw: 23/10
- Barcelona to win: 7/4
- Juventus to win and both teams to score: 15/4
- Barcelona to win and both teams to score: 15/4
Head to Head
- Juventus and Barcelona’s last encounter was in the 2015 Champions League final, the latter winning 3-1 in Berlin. However, the Catalans have yet to beat Barcelona on their own soil in European competition (D2 L2).
- Juventus have won their last four games in the Champions League, the current longest run in the competition. They are the only unbeaten team this season alongside Real Madrid.
- Juventus have conceded few goals in the Champions League this season than any of the other seven sides left in the competition (2 in 8 games). Both of those goals came from set-piece.
- Barcelona have won 10 of their last 13 games in the Champions League knockout stages (L3). However, they’ve also lost three of their last four away games in the knockout stages (W1), conceding nine goals.
- Barcelona are the top scorers in this season’s Champions League with 26 goals in eight games.
- Lionel Messi has scored 11 goals in this season’s Champions League, already his best tally since the 2011/12 campaign (14).
Juventus Team News
Marko Pjaca, Moise Kean and Mario Mandzukic are all set to miss out for Juventus.
Barcelona Team News
Aleix Vidal is injured, along with midfield duo Rafinha and Arda Turan.