Football Match Preview

Manchester City vs Tottenham: Premier League Betting Tips, Predictions, Odds and Match Preview

Our expert tipster at NetBet has provided his football betting tips for Saturday evening’s clash between league leaders City and Champions League chasing Spurs, and he doesn’t think the visitors will be able to live with Pep Guardiola’s side.

Man City vs Tottenham

Saturday 19th February, 5:30pm

Etihad Stadium, Manchester

Live on Sky Sports Main Event

Man City vs Tottenham Football Preview

City come into this game off the back of a successful trip to Lisbon, where they put five past Sporting in a dominant display. The victory was City’s 12th in the last 13 games, as Pep’s side secured their spot in the next round of the Champions League, bar a monumental collapse in the second leg.

Spurs on the other hand, aren’t in quite such impressive form ahead of their trip to Manchester. Three consecutive league defeats has seen Antonio Conte’s side surrender their advantage in the race for top four to North London rivals Arsenal.

Whilst the consistency in which Spurs are shipping goals will be a concern for the Italian, the form of his talisman will be equally worrying. Tottenham have been reliant on Heung-Min Son at times this campaign, with Harry Kane managing just five goals in 21 league appearances thus far. If Conte’s side are to cause City any real problems, they will need their main man firing on all cylinders.

Guardiola’s side can be expected to dominate the ball, as they will against most sides in Europe, and this control of territory and possession has been key in them conceding just 14 goals in 25 games. It’s no secret that you can hurt Pep’s teams if you get at them, but putting that into practice over 90 minutes whilst keeping them out at the other end is another proposition entirely.

The size of the task ahead for Conte is highlighted by NetBet’s win probability counter, which gives Spurs just a 9% chance of winning. Pep’s side are strong favourites and are given a 75% chance of victory, whilst a tie is more likely than an away win at 16%.

Man City vs Tottenham Football Odds

Despite emerging as victors in the reverse fixture on the opening day of the season, Spurs are priced as huge 10/1 underdogs to take three points from the Etihad. City have only won once in the last four league meetings between these two, but Pep’s side are strong favourites with the bookies at 5/19, with a draw priced at 9/2.

Man City vs Tottenham Betting Tips

*Odds are correct at the time of publication and are subject to change.

Man City win 2-1, 3-1, 4-1 – 3/1

City may have been keeping clean sheets recently, but this Spurs team will provide a bigger threat going forward than Pep’s side have faced in a few weeks. The hosts will likely come out on top, but Kane and Son are always a threat if on form.

Anytime Goalscorer: Son Heung-Min – 3/1

The South Korean has been Spurs’ main man in front of goal this season. His dynamic running will cause any team problems, and with three goals in his last four league appearances against City, he’ll be hoping to star in an upset.

Create YourBet Special: Man City win, Over 2.5 goals, Riyad Mahrez First Goalscorer – 7/1

We can’t see beyond a home win given the form that City are in. With the talent in both sides, this fixture promises goals, and Mahrez has four in his last four. He’ll be sniffing around any opportunities within 25 yards, and the Algerian is deadly from the spot.

When you choose NetBet Sport, you can enjoy a whole range of top quality sports and markets. Whatever you choose, always remember to bet responsibly. Here at NetBet, player wellbeing is our number one priority – check out our Responsible Gambling tips and tools page for more information.

NetBet Boosts are extremely popular with our customers at NetBet Sport. These can be used across a wide range of sports and you can check out more information on NetBet Boosts on our Promotions page!