Football Match Preview

Nottingham Forest vs Liverpool: FA Cup Quarter-Final Betting Tips, Predictions, Odds and Match Preview

Our expert tipster at NetBet has provided his football betting tips for the upcoming FA Cup quarter-final at the City Ground, and he thinks Nottingham Forest have a chance of causing an upset!

Nottingham Forest vs Liverpool

Sunday 20th March, 6pm

City Ground, Nottingham

Live on ITV

Nottingham Forest vs Liverpool Football Preview

Forest have already earned themselves the title of giant killers after knocking out Arsenal and Leicester in impressive fashion in previous rounds. They face an entirely different challenge this weekend as they host a title-chasing Liverpool side, but they will fancy their chances on home soil. Aside from losing just once in their last 15 home games, no team has picked up more points than Steve Cooper’s side in the last 10 Championship games.

However, the visitors will of course be favourites going into the fixture. They have won 14 of their last 15 games in all competitions and have won six straight away games. Jurgen Klopp’s side are in with a chance of winning an unprecedented quadruple, and Forest are simply another team standing in the way of a potentially record-breaking season.

With the injury to top goalscorer Lewis Grabban, Forest will be reliant on academy product Brennan Johnson to be their main goal threat. The 20-year-old has scored 11 in 36 league games this season and will be tasked with making a nuisance of himself. He will be supported by the in-form Ryan Yates, who has scored in Forest’s last four games from midfield. Man United loanee James Garner and talented wing-back Djed Spence will also need to be closely watched by the visitors.

There is enough creativity in the Forest side to cause Liverpool problems, but whether or not they can keep them out at the other end is another question – only Chelsea, Arsenal and Inter Milan have stopped the Reds from scoring in 90 minutes in 2022. This promises to be a high intensity affair, and any lack of intent from the visitors could see them punished by a high-flying Nottingham Forest.

Our NetBet win probability counter gives Forest just a 9% chance of winning at the City Ground, whilst a Liverpool win is seen as probable at 75% and a draw unlikely at 16%.

Nottingham Forest vs Liverpool Football Odds

Forest will go into this tie as massive underdogs at 37/4, whilst Liverpool are favourites to pick up the win at 20/73, with a draw priced at 19/4.

Nottingham Forest vs Liverpool Betting Tips

*Odds are correct at the time of publication and are subject to change.

Draw in 90 mins – 19/4

It’s hard to ignore this prospect with these odds. Forest didn’t just match Arsenal and Leicester; they largely outplayed them. They will give this game absolutely everything, whilst Liverpool might have one eye on other competitions. We’re not sure they’ll have enough to qualify, but Cooper’s side could certainly take this to extra-time.

Liverpool to win 2-1 – 8/1

Based on previous performances against Premier League opposition, we don’t think Forest will be thrashed, especially not at home. Liverpool have the quality to get over the line, but the hosts will make it difficult for them.

Create Your Bet Special: Liverpool win, Both to score, Brennan Johnson first goalscorer – 29/1

With the electric atmosphere expected at the City Ground, expect Forest to come flying out the gates. If they’re going to nick an early goal, it’s most likely going to come through the dynamic Brennan Johnson. It’s unlikely they’ll hold on, but Klopp’s side could be forced to work a little harder than they planned.

When you choose NetBet Sport, you can enjoy a whole range of top quality sports and markets. Whatever you choose, always remember to bet responsibly. Here at NetBet, player wellbeing is our number one priority – check out our Responsible Gambling tips and tools page for more information.

NetBet Boosts are extremely popular with our customers at NetBet Sport. These can be used across a wide range of sports and you can check out more information on NetBet Boosts on our Promotions page!